Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Digicel's USB Modem, it it Worth it?



So I went to my closest Digicel store to get my hands on there new internet offering, and here's my review.

The modem is plug and play, installation is fairly quick and easy however on some occasions you may have to restart your computer after installation for the modem to pick up Digicels EDGE signal. In comparrison to GPRS or Dial Up the USB modem is considerably faster, however the cost associated with the service is to me its downfall. At $40 JMD you get 1 Mb which is on average about 17 page views, for the novice this is a fairly good deal however for individuals such as myself a flat rate plan is much better. Digicel however will not change this for now as there network could not withstand so many users on a flat rate plan, charging per Mb, especially at the above price ensures low network traffic and high returns.

All things considered the Modem is a handy commuication device that is both easy to use and install, connection to the internet is quick and my browsing experience wasn't bad. As opposed to what Digicel's customer service may say, it does work with Windows Vista and can be shared across your home network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog